Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ma Po Tofu by Frank Y.

How to cook a good Ma Po tofu
Ma Po tofu is one of my favorite foods. I often ate Ma Po tofu at restaurants in Taiwan. Before I came to the United States, I didn’t know how to cook it. But now I know how to cook it, because my friend taught me how to cook it. I usually cook it once a week. If you want to cook a good traditional Ma Po tofu, please follow these instructions. First, boil a pot of water, and put ½ pound ground pork in the pot. After ten minutes, take out the meat when it is done. Next, fry the meat with a spoon of oil in a frying pan. Next, add a packet of Ma Po sauce, some diced soft tofu, ½ teaspoon salt and some water. Stir well and lightly cook over heat until the sauce thickens. You can buy Ma Po sauce at the Chinatown or Farmers Market. Then pour the Ma Po tofu over the rice. These are very easy cooking directions. So you can eat very traditional Ma Po tofu.